“What do the credentials of Gwaii Eco mean
and why are they important to me?”
They attest to our ongoing efforts to provide the highest levels of safety,
comfort and service during your time with us.
(Many travelers wrongfully assume this is standard operating procedure
for all tour companies.)
Remember, Haida Gwaii is a wilderness paradise.
Even on our soft adventure tours, we’ll journey on forest, ocean or shoreline, where ever changing conditions are common.
Hiking near Bearskin Bay, Queen Charlotte Islands
Don’t assume anything when it comes to the safety and quality
of holiday care and enjoyment for you or your loved ones.
Know what credentials to look for — and thoroughly check
- Certified & Insured
- Certified Guides
Louie and Patrick are both graduates of the Coastal Eco Adventure Tourism Program, a unique certificate program that addresses professional standards, safety, risk management, legal and ethical issues that impact British Columbia’s tourism sector. Their certification includes:
- Tourism & environmental stewardship,
human relations, customer service
- Coastal heritage interpretation
- Orienteering/navigation fundamentals
- Coastal navigation
- Power boat operations, repair and maintenance
- Occupation First Aid Level III
- Occupation First Aid Transportation
- Vital Link Standard First Aid
- Wilderness First Aid
- Small Vessel Safety – Med A2
- Restricted Radio Operator
- Canoeing, sea kayaking, sport fishing
- Camp setup and management
- Leave No Trace Instructor
- Food Safe